- The initial cost for this certification is $116.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 70% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $116.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for three (3) years from issuance.
Once the requirements outlined above are met, recertification can be accomplished by successfully passing a multiple-choice open book examination. The recertification examination contains forty questions based on the most current edition of the NFPA 99. Candidates must answer thirty-two (32) of the questions (80%) correctly on the examination to achieve a passing grade. Four hours are allowed for the examination
A Medical Gas Systems Generalist certification candidate is any individual who meets the requirements of ASSE 6005. Eligible individuals include any person with an interest in medical gas and vacuum systems and equipment who has successfully completed the required twenty-four (24) hours of training covering all facets of piped medical gas and medical-surgical vacuum systems. ASSE 6005 provides general knowledge of medical gas and vacuum systems for the purpose of providing continuing education.
Medical gas systems and equipment covered in the ASSE Series 6000 Standard include health care facilities within the scope of NFPA 99 Standard for Health Care Facilities. Medical gas piping systems include vacuum piping.
- Candidate shall have completed a minimum 24-hour training course conducted by a Medical Gas Systems Instructor certified to ASSE Standard 6050
Application and Examination Request Forms
Online Recertification Examinations
Available Medical Gas Courses
For a list of Medical Gas Courses and Independent Instructors Click Here.