- The initial cost for this certification is $125.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 75% (113 accumulative points) to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $125.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for three (3) years from issuance.
- Recertification can be done online or recognized training seminars (CEU’s). The online recertification of this certification can be accomplished by successfully passing a forty (40) question, non-proctored, multiple choice “open book” examination within ninety days of the expiration date of certification. Candidates must answer thirty of the questions (75%) correctly on the exam to achieve a passing grade.
Applicants shall submit the following documents with their application and must be qualified as mandated by Clark County and the City of Reno.
- Specific Qualifications for Journeyman Plumber All applicants must have four (4) years in a state registered, accredited apprenticeship or 8,000 hours of substantiated experience in the plumbing trade.
- Specific Qualifications for Master Plumber No person shall submit an application for the Nevada masters test without showing proof of holding an NBOPE certificate as a Nevada journeyman plumber for a period of One (1) year or 2,000 hours.
Online Recertification Examination