- The initial cost for this certification is $116.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 75% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $116.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for five (5) years from issuance.
- Recertification can be accomplished by successfully passing a twenty five (25) question, non-proctored, multiple choice “open book” examination within thirty days of the expiration date of certification. Candidates must answer seventeen (17) of the questions (68%) correctly on the exam to achieve a passing grade.
NITC Journey Level Plumbers certification candidates are qualified individuals who can demonstrate journey level competence within their scope and will be proficient in blueprint reading, jobsite safety, and in the practical installation, repair, and service of plumbing systems. Installation, repair and service of plumbing systems includes the construction, installation, alteration, repair, service and maintenance of any new or existing system used for potable water, sewage, waste and vent, and/or gas piping in residential, commercial and industrial settings. A qualified individual may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals.
A Journey Level Plumber is required to have knowledge of proper plumbing terms and definitions, cross connections, back siphoning, backflow, water heaters, LP gas, storm drainage, plumbing fixtures, indirect waste, firestop protection, trade-related math and simple physics, proper sizing of waste and vent, gas, and potable water. Gas vents for appliances, proper layout, and planning and installation of plumbing systems. Qualified candidates will have a general knowledge of national, state, and local requirements and industry codes and practices.
- Certification candidates are expected to be experienced trades professionals who have completed a UA training program or equivalent.Candidates must have a minimum of four (4) years experience in installation of plumbing systems
- Candidates must submit proof of four years of experience in piping installation or submit testimonial letters from employers if you do not possess a valid journeyman certificate substantiating the required experience.
(Testimonial letters must be on company letterhead and notarized. They must fully describe duties performed, dates employed, and be accompanied with W-2 Forms.)
Application and Examination Request Forms
Online Recertification Examination