- The initial cost for this certification is $136.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 70% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $136.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for five (5) years from issuance.
- Recertification of this certification can be accomplished by successfully passing a fifty (50) question, non-proctored, multiple choice “open book” examination within thirty days of the expiration date of certification. Candidates must answer thirty-seven of the questions (70%) correctly on the exam to achieve a passing grade.
A STAR Fire Sprinklerfitting Mastery certification candidate is a qualified individual who can demonstrate mastery of the trade and will be skilled and experienced in operations, planning, blueprint reading, safety, and the practical installation, repair, and servicing of fire sprinkler systems. Installation repair and service of fire sprinkler systems includes the design, installation, alteration (retrofit), repair, service and maintenance of fire sprinkler water supply systems and all system components; spacing, location, and positioning of sprinklers for wet pipe, dry pipe, reaction and deluge systems, and specialty systems in residential, commercial and industrial settings. A qualified Master Fire Sprinklerfitter may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals. It is expected that the STAR Mastery test candidate is a technician who has completed a UA training program or equivalent, and/or has five years of experience in the industry.
- Candidates must provide five (5) years of documented work experience installing and servicing of fire sprinkler systems, or provide documentation of being in the fifth (5th) year of a fire sprinkler training program involving the installation and servicing of fire sprinkler systems.
Application and Examination Request Forms
Locate PSI Centers