- The initial cost for this certification is $150.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 80.3% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $150.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for five (5) years from issuance.
Effective July 1, 2020, STAR Mastery Examinations will only be administered by computer.
A STAR Residential-Light Commercial HVAC Mastery certification candidate is a qualified individual who can demonstrate mastery of the trade and will be skilled and experienced in operations, planning, blueprint reading, safety, and the practical installation, repair, and service of HVAC systems.
A qualified candidate should possess knowledge of Installation, alteration(retrofit), repair, and service of HVAC systems including the design, construction, and maintenance of all air handling systems, ductwork systems, control systems, and piping for heating and cooling systems in residential and light commercial settings.
A qualified individual may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals. It is expected that the S.T.A.R. HVAC Mastery examination candidate is a technician who has completed a UA training program or equivalent, and/or has three (3) years of experience in the industry.
- Candidates must provide three (3) years of documented work experience installing and servicing HVACR systems, or provide documentation of being in the third (3rd) year of a HVACR training program involving the installation and servicing of HVACR systems.
Application and Examination Request Forms
Submit Application Online (PSI ONLY)
Locate a Prometric Test Center
You will need your Eligibility ID to schedule your exam. This will be provided to you in your approval email. To locate a Prometric Center near you Click Here.