- The initial cost for this certification is $136.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 82% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $136.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for five (5) years from issuance.
Recertification of this certification can be accomplished by successfully passing a fifty (50) question, non-proctored, multiple choice “open book” examination within thirty days of the expiration date of certification. Candidates must answer thirty-seven of the questions (74%) correctly on the exam to achieve a passing grade.
A STAR Pipefitting Mastery certification candidate is a qualified individual who can demonstrate mastery of the trade and will be skilled and experienced in fabricating, preparing, rigging and installing pipes, tubing and equipment by following plans, specifications, SOP’s and standard pipefitting practices in order to comply with local and jurisdictional codes and help to complete the job/project safely, on schedule and to the satisfaction of the customer.
A qualified pipefitter may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals.
It is expected that the STAR Pipefitting Mastery examination candidate is a technician who has completed a UA training program or equivalent, and/or has five years of experience in the industry.
- Candidates must provide five (5) years of documented work experience installing and servicing of piping systems or provide documentation of being in the fifth (5th) year of a piping systems training program involving the installation and servicing of piping systems.