- The initial cost for this certification is $ 148.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 75% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $148.00 fee.
- The UPC Master Level Plumber, Includes Gas Certification is valid for three years from date of issuance.
- The UPC Master Level Plumber, Includes Gas certified person shall renew to subsequent editions of the UPC Uniform Plumbing Code. The UPC Master Level Plumber, Includes Gas Certification is valid for three years.
Certified persons are responsible for keeping their certification current and notifying NITC of changes in address. Renewal of this certification requires successfully passing of a non-proctored, multiple choice “open book” examination based on the latest edition of the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) Uniform Plumbing Code.
The renewal exam can be taken online at www.testract.com/nitc, mailed to certified individuals, or may be administered by a training agency, employer or association. Certified persons must complete the renewal examination within thirty days of the expiration date of their certification. Persons holding an expired certification that was not renewed within thirty (30) days after the expiration date must retake the examination and pay the full examination fee. Certified persons who fail to pass the renewal examination must retake the original 125 question proctored examination. Failure to pass a re-certification examination twice may result in NITC requiring that the candidate take a ‘refresher course’ or other type of training before again re-taking the examination.
For renewal application, fees, or further information contact NITC at (877) 457-6482.
A Master Plumber certification candidate is a qualified individual who can demonstrate mastery of the trade and will be skilled and experienced in management, planning, blueprint reading, and the practical installation, repair, and service of plumbing systems.
Installation, repair and service of plumbing systems includes the design, construction, installation, alteration, repair, service and maintenance of any new or existing system used for potable water, sewage, waste and vent, and/or gas piping in residential, commercial and industrial settings. A Master Plumber is required to have knowledge of proper plumbing terms and definitions, cross connections, back siphoning, backflow, water heaters, LP gas, storm drainage, plumbing fixtures, indirect waste, firestop protection, trade-related math and simple physics, proper sizing of gas, gas vents for appliances, proper layout, and planning and installation of all plumbing systems.
A qualified Master Plumber may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals.
- Candidates shall have a minimum of Six (6) years documented experience in installation of plumbing systems
- Completion of a recognized Federal and State approved apprenticeship program AND proof of two additional years plumbing experience from employers is acceptable
- Applicants must provide, in addition to meeting the experience requirements, a passing score on the NITC’s Journeyman Plumber certification exam, or provide proof of a passing score on a comparable examination offered by a nationally-recognized testing body