Article provided by: AFC Heating and Cooling
Your HVAC (Heating, Cooling, and Ventilation)system is one of the main investments you’ll make in your home. As such, installing, maintaining, and repairing an HVAC unit should be handled by an expert technician to ensure the job is done right. There are many Independence heating and cooling companies you can turn to for these services. But, not all of them are equal. Just like when hiring other service providers, you should also be cautious when selecting an HVAC technician for any kind of service. This will guarantee your equipment functions properly at all times and extend its lifespan.
At AFC Heating and Cooling, we’re a premier HVAC service provider in Kansas City, MO. We offer top-of-the-line services for heating and cooling systems, including installation, preventative maintenance, and repairs.
FAQs About Independence MO Heating and Cooling
Below are answers to questions we get regarding Independence heating and air conditioning systems to help you treat your unit better:
What are the Signs That My HVAC System Needs Repairs?
Water leaks, bad smells, and unusual sounds coming from your HVAC unit are signs that you need to call a professional technician. These signs usually don’t disappear by themselves because they’re a result of a broken or loose part, microbial growth in the unit, or other problems affecting the system's overall functioning. It’s crucial to get your unit checked promptly if you notice these signs since ignoring them leads to bigger problems.
When Should I Buy a New Heating and Cooling Unit?
While repair works fine most of the time, you may need to replace your equipment in order to enjoy efficient heating and cooling in your home. Signs that you need a new HVAC in Independence MO, include:
- Your unit keeps breaking down and requires constant repairs.
- The machinery is old. Most systems work efficiently for about 15 years when maintained well, but not much after that.
- The unit cools or heats rooms unevenly.
- Your monthly energy bill keeps soaring.
Is There A Way I Lower My Energy Costs?
There are a number of ways to reduce your energy costs, and one way is by having an energy-efficient HVAC unit. In addition to buying a system that has the Energy Star® certification, you should also do the following:
- If you prefer to target certain spaces in your home for heating and cooling, you might want to consider a zoning unit. This enables you to heat or cool specific areas and reduce wasted energy in cooling or heating spaces that are not used.
- You can install a programmable thermostat that conserves the energy to cool or heat your space if you are not at home. With a smart thermostat, you can set it, and it will manage your indoor comfort.
- Schedule routine maintenance and have a professional contractor inspect your equipment and ensure it’s running optimally.
What is HVAC Maintenance?
HVAC maintenance includes inspection of the unit and its components, replacing air filters, and cleaning parts such as the blowers and air conditioner coils. The technician also checks the calibration of the thermostat to make sure it’s displaying the correct temperature. Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and wear and tear.
If any components aren't working optimally, need repair or replacement, your technician will let you know. When everything is tuned to its optimal condition, your unit will work without hitches throughout the season.
How Many Times Should I Have My System Serviced?
You should get your Independence heating and cooling system serviced once a year. Spring is the perfect time to get your cooling unit checked, while the heating system should be inspected in fall just before winter. If you need to run your equipment throughout the year, your technician may recommend having more frequent maintenance appointments.
Should I Hire a Professional for HVAC Installation or Repairs?
Yes, it’s important to hire an expert technician to work on your HVAC unit because they’re experienced, skilled, and have the right tools for the job. Attempting to install the machinery by yourself can void your warranty, and DIY repairs can cause more damage than was initially present.
How Do I Enhance My Indoor Air Quality?
There are several ways you can improve your home’s indoor air quality:
- Smart thermostats can help to control the temperature and humidity levels. This can aid in preventing particles, including germs, from accumulating in your home while maintaining indoor comfort.
- Poor indoor air quality can be due to pollutants. So, to get rid of pollutants, you can clean your linens, vacuum, and store all your cleaning products properly.
Top HVAC Professionals at Your Service
Whether you’re looking for a new unit, need maintenance services, or want repairs done, we can be of service. We’re a leading Independence heating and cooling company trusted by both homeowners and businesses to provide second to none services in Kansas City. Contact AFC Heating and Cooling for the best HVAC service in Independence, MO: 816-347-8388.