- The initial cost for this certification is $116.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 77% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $116.00 fee.
- Medical Gas Installer Certifications are valid for three (3) years from issuance, as long as the following individual requirement is maintained: Installers shall maintain continuity of brazing per ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section IX performance qualifications (QB322).
- Recertification can be accomplished by (1) completing a minimum 4-hour training course to subsequent editions of NFPA 99, and (2) successfully passing a proctored multiple-choice open book examination. Both the course and the examination are required according to ASSE 6000, sections 10-3.3.1 and 10-3.3.2. The recertification examination contains forty questions based on the most current edition of NFPA 99. Candidates must answer a minimum of thirty-two (32) of the questions (80%) correctly on the examination to achieve a passing grade. Two (2) hours are allowed for the examination.
The 2015 examination will only be available until 12/31/2019.
A Medical Gas Installer certification candidate is a qualified individual who can demonstrate competence within their scope and will be proficient in and experienced in the installation of medical gas and vacuum systems covered by the ASSE Series 6000 Standard. Installers include anyone who works on or installs piping or components, including brazers. A qualified Medical Gas Installer may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals.
In addition to knowledge of product installation, a Medical Gas Installer is required to have a general knowledge of the applicable laws, codes, rules, listing agencies, and regulations from the federal, state, and local levels pertaining to medical gas and vacuum systems as well as knowledge of product performance, system and system component testing, documenting and recording, and medical gas terminology.
Medical gas systems and equipment covered in the ASSE Series 6000 Standard include health care facilities within the scope of NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code. Medical gas piping systems include vacuum piping.
- Candidates must have a minimum of four (4) years of documented practical experience in the field of installation of plumbing or mechanical systems.
- Candidate shall have completed a minimum 32-hour training course conducted by a Medical Gas Systems Instructor certified to ASSE Standard 6050
Application and Examination Request Forms
Submit Forms Online
Available Medical Gas Courses
For a list of Medical Gas Courses and Independent Instructors Click Here.
NFPA 99 Online Training Preparation for ASSE Series 6000 Recertification
If you are NITC certified in the installation, inspection, verification, and/or maintenance of medical gas and vacuum systems, one place you can get the training to maintain your certification to ASSE 6000 series is the new NFPA 99 online training series.
This four-hour course fulfills ASSE requirements for a refresher course as part of recertification to the new edition of NFPA 99. The internet-based NFPA training course allows you to work online in your own timeframe to earn the mandated Continuing Education Credit (CEU). Upon successful completion of the course series, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Visit NFPA to get all the details on the course and how to register for it.
Online Continuity Submittal
To submit your continuity brazing online please click the link below:
Locate PSI Centers
Customer Service Survey
NITC is committed to monitoring the quality of the services we provide as part of our improvement processes. We appreciate your feedback on our performance.
Click on the link to leave your comments, compliments or other feedback: NITC Processor Customer Service Feedback