- The initial cost for this certification is $125.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 75% (113 accumulative points) to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $125.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for three (3) years from issuance.
- Recertification can be done online or recognized training seminars (CEU’s). The online recertification of this certification can be accomplished by successfully passing a forty (40) question, non-proctored, multiple choice “open book” examination within ninety days of the expiration date of certification. Candidates must answer thirty of the questions (75%) correctly on the exam to achieve a passing grade. Individuals whose plumber certification expires January 1, 2019 and after will recertify to the 2018 UPC.
Applicants shall submit the following documents with their application and must be qualified as mandated by Clark County and the City of Reno.
National Inspection Testing and Certification Corporation (NITC) is officially announcing that the NBOPE Journeyman and Master Plumber exams, based on the 2018 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC), are now complete.
Both the 2012 and 2018 NBOPE Journeyman and Master Plumber examinations are available until December 31st, 2018. As of January 1st, 2019, only the 2018 examination will be available.
Individuals whose plumber certification expires January 1, 2019 and after will recertify to the 2018 UPC.
- Specific Qualifications for Journeyman Plumber All applicants must have four (4) years in a state registered, accredited apprenticeship or 8,000 hours of substantiated experience in the plumbing trade.
- Specific Qualifications for Master Plumber No person shall submit an application for the Nevada masters test without showing proof of holding an NBOPE certificate as a Nevada journeyman plumber for a period of One (1) year or 2,000 hours.
Online Recertification Examination