- The initial cost for this certification is $116.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 75% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $116.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for five (5) years from issuance.
- Recertification can be accomplished by successfully passing a twenty five (25) question, non-proctored, multiple choice “open book” examination within thirty days of the expiration date of certification. Candidates must answer seventeen (17) of the questions (68%) correctly on the exam to achieve a passing grade.
NITC Journey Level HVAC certification candidates are qualified individuals who can demonstrate skill in the practical installation, repair, and service of HVAC systems including air handling systems, ductwork systems, control systems, and piping for heating and cooling systems. A qualified individual may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals. Qualified candidates will have a general knowledge of national, state, and local requirements and industry codes and practices.
- Candidates are expected to be experienced trades professionals who have completed a UA training program or equivalent.
- Candidates must document a minimum of four (4) years experience in the installation of HVAC.
Application and Examination Request Forms
Locate a Prometric Test Center
You will need your Eligibility ID to schedule your exam. This will be provided to you in your approval email. To locate a Prometric Center near you Click Here.