- The initial cost for this certification is $116.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 75% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $116.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for five (5) years from issuance.
- Recertification can be accomplished by successfully passing a twenty five (25) question, non-proctored, multiple choice “open book” examination within thirty days of the expiration date of certification. Candidates must answer seventeen (17) of the questions (68%) correctly on the exam to achieve a passing grade.
NITC Journey Level Steamfitter/Pipefitter certification candidates are qualified individuals who can demonstrate skill in fabricating, preparing, rigging and installing pipes, tubing and equipment following standard industry practices. A qualified individual may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals. Qualified candidates will have a general knowledge of national, state, and local requirements and industry codes and practices.
- Candidates are expected to be experienced trades professionals who have completed a UA training program or equivalent.
- Candidates must document a minimum of four (4) years experience in the installation of piping systems
- Candidates must submit proof of four years of experience in piping installation or submit testimonial letters from employers if you do not possess a valid journeyman certificate substantiating the required experience
(Testimonial letters must be on company letterhead and notarized. They must fully describe duties performed, dates employed, and be accompanied with W-2 Forms.)
Application and Examination Request Forms
Online Recertification Examination