- The initial cost for this certification is $136.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 83% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $136.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for five (5) years from issuance.
- To Be Determined.
A STAR Commercial Refrigeration Mastery certification candidate is a qualified individual who can demonstrate mastery knowledge of the trade and will be skilled and experienced in operations, planning, blueprint reading, safety, and the practical installation, repair, and service of commercial refrigeration systems.
A qualified candidate should possess knowledge of installation, repair, and service of commercial refrigeration systems. This knowledge includes the design, construction, installation, alteration (retrofit), repair, service and maintenance of all auxiliary systems, control systems, rack systems, and self-contained units in commercial settings.
A qualified individual may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals.
It is expected that the STAR Commercial Refrigeration Mastery examination candidate is a technician who has completed a UA training program or equivalent, and/or has three (3) years of experience in the industry.
- Candidates must provide three (3) years of documented work experience installing and servicing commercial refrigeration systems, or provide documentation of being in the third (3rd) year of a commercial refrigeration training program involving the installation and servicing of commercial refrigeration systems.