- The initial cost for this certification is $136.00.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 79.4% to pass.
- Candidates can re-take the exam if they fail for an additional $136.00 fee.
- This certification is valid for five (5) years from issuance.
- Recertification of this certification can be accomplished by successfully passing a fifty (50) question, non-proctored, multiple choice “open book” examination within thirty days of the expiration date of certification. Candidates must answer thirty-seven of the questions (74%) correctly on the exam to achieve a passing grade.
Effective July 1, 2020, STAR Mastery Examinations will only be administered by computer.
A STAR Plumbing Mastery certification candidate is a qualified individual who can demonstrate mastery of the trade and will be skilled and experienced in the design, installation, maintaining, servicing, and repairing water systems; drainage, waste, and vent systems; storm water systems; fuel gas systems; water heating systems; and specialty systems, utilizing knowledge of national, state, and local plumbing codes to protect the health and welfare of the general public.
A qualified plumber may perform these tasks alone, or through the supervision of other individuals.
It is expected that the STAR Plumbing Mastery examination candidate is a plumber who has completed a UA training program or equivalent, and/or has five years of experience in the industry.
- Candidates must provide five (5) years of documented work experience installing and servicing of plumbing systems or provide documentation of being in the fifth (5th) year of a plumbing training program involving the installation and servicing of plumbing systems.