While many of today’s products and systems are designed to work longer without needing as much attention, periodic inspections and maintenance can often keep a small issue from becoming a big problem due to inaction. Avoiding big problems can mean the difference between life and death when it comes to the inspection and maintenance of medical gas systems.
National Inspection Testing and Certification is a leader in offering Medical Gas Certifications based on the Series 6000 Professional Qualifications Standard for Medical Gas Systems Personnel. The Series 6000 Standard was developed by the American Society of Sanitary Engineering (ASSE). The Series 6000 has become the industry standard for medical gas systems personnel. NITC’s Medical Gas Maintenance Personnel 6040 certification is based on this important standard. Medical Gas Certification by NITC provides medical facilities as well as the public with the assurance that there are qualified individuals handling this important work.
Those certified as Medical Gas Maintenance Personnel have successfully demonstrated competencies within this field. They are required to be proficient in, and experienced with, the maintenance of medical gas and vacuum systems and have a general knowledge of any applicable laws, codes, listing agencies, and/or regulations at the federal, state, and local level as they pertain to medical gas and vacuum systems.
By securing this credential holders of the Medical Gas Maintenance Personnel 6040 certification have proven that they possess important knowledge of such things as product performance, systems and system component testing, documenting and recording, and medical gas terminology.
More information is available at these links:
- Read about NITC’s Medical Gas Maintenance Personnel 6040 certification including initial fee, passing grade, retest fee, duration, recertification, prerequisites
- Read how predictive maintenance is a no-brainer for vital Medical Gas systems.
- Read how periodic inspections and maintenance help prevent bigger problems later.
- Read how maintenance is crucial to keep a facility operating at peak performance.
- View the Candidate Bulletin for Medical Gas Maintenance Personnel 6040 Certification Examination.
- View the Application for Medical Gas Maintenance Certification
- Read how Medical Gas certifications can boost a career.
Contact us at (888) 234-6834 to learn more about how NITC helps prepare the most qualified, most reliable, and safest trade professionals possible thanks to our wide selection of industry certifications