Testing Sites and Procedures
National Inspection Testing and Certification Corporation (NITC) is a third-party supplier of certification services to a wide variety of businesses. NITC tests and certifies personnel in the Fire Protection & Safety Systems, HVACR Medical Gas, Pipefitting, Plumbing, and related industries. This article is an effort to communicate the NITC locations, and testing procedures in effect in September 2022
Test center availability is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. To locate a test, select a sponsor and program, visit https://proscheduler.prometric.com/scheduling/searchAvailability. The scheduled test dates and times are displayed in real-time. NITC does not guarantee the availability of your preferred test at the time you choose to pay and schedule for your examination.
- Examination procedures are established by NITC’s Board of Directors.
- Each certification examination application is received by mail, email, or fax at the NITC Los Angeles office along with the required fee(s).
- Proctoring is administered by those who have met the guidelines determined by the NITC Certification Scheme Committee and approved by the board of directors.
- Paper and pencil exams are scheduled, and each examinee is notified of the date and time. The completed exams are immediately returned to the NITC office by the assigned proctor for scoring and the examinees are notified of the results by mail.
- Computer-based examinations may be scheduled at a time and place chosen by the examinee. Pass/fail reports are posted at the close of the computer exam session.
- Exam scores will be communicated in writing only to the candidate (or a proper source). The identity of successful certification candidates becomes a matter of public record after they have been notified of their passing score.
- A wall certificate and a wallet-sized certification card will be issued upon the successful completion of the exam. Recertifications for welders and brazers, which are required every six months, are the exception and in these instances, only the wallet-sized card will be issued.
- Candidates who fail to achieve a passing score are eligible for re-testing when the next exam is scheduled.
- Any exam administered by NITC may be challenged in whole or in part by a candidate providing the challenge is submitted in writing. The NITC staff will conduct an investigation hearing. If the challenge is rejected, the candidate will have the subsequent right to appeal and have the matter reviewed by the NITC Certification Scheme Committee. If the initial appeal is denied, the candidate will have an additional right of appeal to a hearing officer appointed by the NITC executive committee.
- For most of NITC’s certification programs, renewal (called recertification) is required to maintain an active status
For more information about The National Inspection Testing and Certification Corporation (NITC) testing programs, locations and procedures visit http://www.worksitecreative.com/national/.