Top Colleges for Careers in Construction
The construction management bachelor’s degree program you select can have a significant impact on your future. The ranking provided by College Factual (https://www.collegefactual.com/) considered factors such as graduation rates, overall graduate earnings, and available educational resources including the number of students per instructor and education expenditures per student.
Top Bachelor’s Degree Programs
More than 2,600 bachelor’s degrees were earned in construction in 2020 and the median starting salary achieved by graduates was $62,000, compared to just under $40,000 for the average graduate in other disciplines.
New England Region
- Wentworth Institute of Technology Boston, MA with 122 annual graduates and earning potential of $68, 200 a year, 10% higher than the national median salary.
- Roger Williams University Bristol, RI with 41 annual graduates.
- Central Connecticut State University New Britain, CT with 36 annual graduates.
Middle Atlantic Region
- Drexel University Philadelphia PA with 19 annual graduates and earnings of $66,000 a year, exceeding the national median salary of $62,000.
- Utica College Utica NY with 18 annual graduates.
- Virginia Tech Blacksburg VA with 108 annual graduates.
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College Baton Rouge, LA with 172 annual graduates.
- Clemson University Clemson SC with 69 annual graduates.
Great Lakes Region
- Illinois State University Normal, IL graduates 59 annually, and graduates earn $5,200 over the average of $67,200.
- University of Wisconsin – Stout Menomonie, WI graduates with 43 annual graduates.
- University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Norman, OK graduates 42 annually.
- Northern Arizona University Flagstaff AZ graduates 40 annually and has earnings well above the national average at $69,000.
- The University of Texas at Tyler – Tyler, TX with 22 annual graduates
Far West Region
- California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo San Luis Obispo, CA with 94 annual graduates.
- Central Washington University Ellensburg, WA graduates 34 annually.
- California State University – East Bay Hayward, CA with 24 annual graduates.
- University of Alaska Anchorage – Anchorage, AK graduates 27 annually, and the median starting salary is $72,400 a year.
In 2021 the most popular schools were Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College in Baton Rouge LA and the Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston MA. The University of Alaska in Anchorage AK and Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff graduates earn the highest salary upon graduation
Picking the right college can be one of the most important decisions of your life, we hope that the information provided here helps you make the best choice for you.
The National Inspection Testing and Certification Corporation (NITC) tests and certifies personnel in the Medical Gas, Plumbing, Pipefitting, HVACR, Fire Protection & Safety Systems, and related industries. For more information visit http://www.worksitecreative.com/national/.