One of the most successful ways to boost your career is with certifications. They can set you apart from other professionals and show your employer that you’re more than just an average Joe. In this blog we talk about recommended certifications for plumbers and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) mechanics.
Certifications for Plumbers
Life would be very tough without plumbers. It’s thanks to these professionals that you can take a shower at the end of an exhausting day and feel relaxed. Without their amazing plumbing skills, washing the dishes and doing laundry would be entirely different tasks. Plumbers deserve admiration and that’s why World Plumbing Day is celebrated on March 11th.
If you want to become a plumber, it’s important to picture what a typical plumber’s day looks like. On average, they work for 8 hours/day and perform between 20 to 30 water installation services each day. Sometimes they can spend a whole day in a single house, or an entire month on a construction site, installing or repairing plumbing fixtures and systems.
Here are some of our certifications for plumbers and their requirements:
- Six years of experience installing plumbing systems.
- Skills in management, planning, blueprint reading, practical installation, repair, and service of plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of plumbing terms and definitions.
- Four years of experience in installation of piping systems.
- Proficiency in blueprint reading, jobsite safety, practical installation, repair, and service of plumbing systems.
Certifications for HVAC Mechanics
Just like plumbers, mechanics are essential to keep our homes and businesses uses in good shape. Imagine trying to survive a dreadful winter without a properly working heater, or sleeping in the summer with a broken AC. Sounds like a nightmare, right?
An HVAC mechanic is experienced in monitoring facilities, offering technical support, and troubleshooting HVAC systems. Just like plumbers, mechanics need training to perform their tasks and fulfill this fast-growing industry’s needs. In addition to technical knowledge, HVAC mechanics should work on time management skills to handle a busy schedule.
Here at National Inspection Testing and Certification Corporation (NITC) we develop, manage, and administer Certification and Testing programs for Plumbing, HVAC and related industries. Here are some of our certifications for HVAC mechanics and their requirements:
- At least six years of experience installing mechanical/HVAC systems.
- Able to work in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
- Experienced in management, planning, blueprint reading, practical installation, repair, and service of HVAC systems.
- At least four years of experience installing mechanical/HVAC systems.
- Skilled in jobsite supervision.
With headquarters in Los Angeles, California, National Inspection Testing and Certification Corporation helps you accelerate your career. Contact us through our website or call 877-457-6482.